The earliest settlers in the Manildra district utilised buckets to draw water from creeks and wells. Later water was drawn from underground by windmills. Drinking troughs assured water for stock, and household water was stored in galvanised tanks attached to houses and sheds.
The installation of the tap was a great step forward, but even then, water had to be heated for bathing. This was done on a fuel stove, in kerosene cans or the famous old black kettle.
The pressure pump further modernised the water supply.
The first reticulated water was brought to the Molong district on 20 November 1959.
Stapleton, Hazel 1982, Manildra on Mandagery: town and district, Hazel Stapleton, Cudal N.S.W.